Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What inspires better writing?

Not a lot has been happening on the writing front lately. I posted a couple of new articles to my Examiner page and plan to round out the preschool articles in the next couple of days, but it is those articles that brought me to a glaring realization.

Writing how to, informational-type pieces is all fine and dandy and while I think I provide some relatively useful information; I don't think it's my 'hook,' so to speak. The Kibbe series, the piece I did on Relay for Life; those were pieces I felt I did good solid, draw-you-in, kind of writing.

Human interest stories are where my heart lies, I think. I realize I can't post profile after profile, but I want to find a way to draw people in on a more personal level...

So I guess you could say I had an 'ah ha' moment that has been simmering right under my consciousness waiting to be realized. I'm kind of intrigued as to what I can do with this semi-epiphany - should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment