Friday, July 30, 2010

Who knows what's waiting around the corner?

Insert girly scream here: Eeeeeeeeeeee! This has little to do with writing-writing and more to do with finding various outlets for creativity.

Last year when I started as the Christian Education Director of my church I was brimming with ideas. One of the things I wanted to do was create a newsletter for the kids - online. Our Youth Director, at the time, pointed me to a website that helps you easily create websites for free, and a new passion was born! I created a website for the Sunday School and the church at large. I don't claim to be an expert, Weebly makes it easy, and it still amuses me when people use my name and "Webmaster" in the same sentence because I'm soooo far from that, but still, it's pretty cool. (I mean, I bow to my cousin Ben, who's the co-owner of Skylite Creative check out their website under my fave sites/blogs, their stuff is truly outstanding).

I am constantly updating the two church websites and learning more and more as I go (one day I really will get some clue about HTML coding, just not this day). From the experiences I gained from building those sites led to my Club Volleyball Director actually hiring me to build a website for the club. My latest endeavor is creating a website for my husband's friend and their fireworks business.

...Back to that girlish scream, though. I just might find myself with a new website gig! Eeeee! Nate's (firework fella) mom-in-law wants to talk to me about creating a site for her business. YES! Seriously, I was giddy with excitement over the prospect of building another site. I'm beyond excited to have the opportunity to continue growing in this particular branch of the creative process.

So think happy thoughts for me, hopefully she will like the things I've done so far and...wait for it...Want to hire me! Sigh!


No comments:

Post a Comment