Saturday, August 7, 2010

Creating memorable birthday parties

My beautiful niece turned seven yesterday and had her party today. A few weeks ago she told her mom she'd like a 'Carnival birthday party.' My amazingly creative sister-in-law pulled it off and then some. It was an awesomely fun party.

Just clownin' around
I'd been procrastinating something terrible this week in getting a new article written (and I was crazy busy too, but still when I had opportunity to write, I didn't). I just wasn't happy with any of the topics flowing through my melon (brain for those of you who don't understand 'Becca-speak.') Then I went to her party and found myself some inspiration.

Abby is a winter baby as are all of my sister's children and we often lament the lack of options we have when it comes to party planning. Having the opportunity to be outside is an option I find myself quite wistful to have as we're jamming thirty people into our home, 16 plus, of whom are kids running about. It would be wonderful to be able to have people outside, you can do a little more theme-wise also (find out more tomorrow about the party I wished I could've thrown for Abby last year).

Meanwhile, Sarah's Carnival themed party was a big hit. Click here to head on over to my Examiner page and find out how to pull off such a magnificent party for the little ones in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment