Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Whew!

I'm in the midst of finishing my first series of articles complete with interview questions and all (insert cheesy smile, peppy voice, and thumbs up here) and I think my brain is about to go on the fritz! What I initially thought would be a four part series has grown into a five parter and frankly could've gone to six, but I figured I better stop somewhere before I have a book on my hands.

With the exception of today we've completed all the questions via e-mail. My first victims in helping me get this whole interview thing figured out are fortunately long-time friends of my sisters, thank you Mary and Justin for being oh so patient in this whole process.

The series chronicles the Kibbes from their learning of their youngest son's diagnosis of Down syndrome to where they are today and what they're looking forward to. Writing about their family has been interesting in that I thought I was relatively educated about Down syndrome, but it's a whole different ball game when what you know (or thought you know) is applied to an actual child and his family...

Part one is officially published and posted, so pop by my Examiner page and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment