Sunday, December 19, 2010

Travel, travel everywhere!

This past week has seen two articles about traveling over in Examiner.com from this girl and you can expect at least one more on the topic. This time of year is often synonymous with traveling as families are driving or jetting off to see the broader scope of their family or heading off for a much needed vacation.

My mom and I were talking about what she used to do with us during winter break from school, and she noted that we were traveling more often than not, so it wasn't much of an issue for us. Indeed we were. I would be interested to know just how many trips we made back and forth to Minnesota over the course of my childhood into young adulthood. I think we flew twice in all of those years.

Ask any of us for memories about those numerous road trips and we'll all begin tripping over each other with shared recollections - though it's always funny to see how our memories do or don't match. I think of the hours we spent in, first, the station wagon and then the mini van as we traveled near and far. I think of the arguments, the laughter, the extreme discomfort - and then I think about my poor mother...Yes, my dad too, but there was many a trip mom had to drive solo with the three of us, as dad needed to stay with the family business. Can you imagine?

Calling all funny family travel stories: 
Have a humorous account of family traveling? Sure you do - it can be a recent story of travels with your children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews or it can be one from the realm of your own childhood. If you'd be willing to share it, then I'd love to feature it in an upcoming Fun Friday article. Simply send me an e-mail with your story. Please include if I can use your first name and location in the e-mail. Thanks for your help!

1 comment:

  1. I just came to your post and reading above thing it is very impressive me and it is very nice blog. Thanks a lot for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete