Friday, July 23, 2010

Let the Abby-isms begin!

As promised, the funnies that make up life with Abby.


This was being written near the 11:00 p.m. hour last night and yes, my child was still awake. I heard coughing so as I'm heading upstairs to get her some cough syrup, she meets me at her door. I've clearly surprised her with my astute offering of medicine, as she eases the door closed behind her, stepping over the threshold. So she takes her medicine, declares herself to be feeling better - "I better now mom, thanks." As I start to grab her hand to tuck her back into bed, she quickly assures me that it's better she do it herself. "Are you sure honey, don't you want me to tuck you in?" "No mommy, I good...(slightly panicked) Don't go in there." Mmm, ruined it for yourself kid. So now I'm giving her a few minutes to see just where this is heading - clearly not back to bed. Apparently she was playing and had decided to throw every last toy in her room all around - party in Abby's room! 

Clearly not the face of a mischievously sassy girl.
Abby quote of the day: "Look mom, I a pirate!" Upon placing her duck on her shoulder.
Runner up: Coming up to me this afternoon, hands behind her back, she triumphantly declares, "I find footprints!" Huh? The look on her face coupled with those missing hands tells me more is to come...Sure enough, out pops a magnifying glass. Apparently she equates magnifying glasses with footprints, why I do not know, but perhaps I have a budding Sherlock Holmes on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment