Friday, July 23, 2010

30 plus 1 things to love about Abby

One of my first Abby writings, hope you enjoy. In an effort to mix things up a bit, I'm tossing in some of my favorite Abby writings, hope you enjoy.

Occasionally I play a game with Abby where I just start randomly listing all the things I love about her so I thought I'd see where it takes me.

 Oh how I love Abby, let me count the ways...

1. I love how she can be totally cautious with some things and in the next moment find something to be fearless about.
2. Those beautiful blue eyes
3. I love the way the way Abby uses her tongue-when she's thinking or working hard on something, out it comes. When she's saying sort of a long word that she can't quite get fully, she'll waggle her tongue around to help the cause, like with toodlydoo!
4. Her laugh
5. The way she just randomly lifts up her shirt and then acts all embarrassed about it
6. The way she gets her groove on-she's quite the dancer
7. How she just has to brush her teeth when she sits on the potty
8. What a sweet little mama she is to her dolls & toys
9. The way she just LOVES her grandpas, but takes issue with most other men-until she gets warmed up, that is
10. How it takes her awhile to decide how she feels about things-she doesn't tend to just jump right in. For example, her toy vacuum, her elmo doll-things that are loud-she will often watch first, try later.

11. The way she asks you if you're okay if you cough or make any other abnormal noise. "you okay mama, okay?" Insert your name there-she's very concerned

12. Her hugs
13. Her sweet, face-holding kisses
14. The way she jumps
15. How she likes to play hide-&-seek, but waits in scared anticipation of being found!
16. How dramatic she is-she's definitely her mama's daughter!
17. The way I can't even think about getting her out of the tub unless she "shows" me she's ready by trying to drain the tub herself.
18. Her facial expressions. She's been SO expressive since she was a wee one!
19. The way she says her words, particularly how she kind of draws out her vowels.
20. When she howls after she makes a basket-it's hilarious!
21. Listening to her talk and sing as she's waking up in the mornings.
22. How she'll call for mama at first, but if I don't come quickly enough it soon becomes, "BECCA!!"
23. Those gorgeous blonde curls.
24. How "see me" equals hold me, sit with me in Abby land.
25. The way she just randomly crosses her ring finger with her middle finger when she's sitting idly. (I actually do the same thing-though I never noticed it until I realized Abby did it as well)
26. The way she likes to find a way to put her feet up so she can kick back & relax (she's done this since she was a baby)
27. How she likes to store her specials in various places-the seat of her bike, the designated kid drawer in the kitchen, on her special shelf in the living room
28. How she went nearly 2 years of her life without truly special sleep buddies & now she's practically running out of room for all the things in her bed!
29. When I ask her if she wants to pick out a movie, she'll pull the movies out & instead of looking at the front, she'll study the back as if she's actually reading it.
30. How "amens," means say prayers and she'll want to say "amens" at any old time during the day-not just bedtime.
31. Finally, I love her because she's Abby, the greatest gift I've ever been blessed with!

--Written April 3, 2009

A little over a year later, many of things remain the same, but it's amazing to see the way she's grown in other areas. The one that springs most quickly to mind is the leaps and bounds she's made in regards to her shyness. She's still the last of the great ignorers, but she works really hard to push herself out of her box, it's a pretty amazing transformation to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment