Friday, July 23, 2010

The Kibbe Series

The Kibbe Family. Thanks again!
Tomorrow my series on the Kibbe family will be all wrapped up. As I've mentioned this is my first attempt at interviewing someone and putting their thoughts into something meaningful. I don't know if this is my forte, but I'm hoping their story can touch people who don't know them as well as those who do.

I'd like to get their story out there beyond the reach of the Examiner, but I'm still trying to figure what outlet would be best. I honestly don't know where to start...While I worry about this story and its basic avoidance of the 'local' aspect, I still felt like this was a story more than worth sharing. I can't imagine the fears and doubts one must feel when learning their child will be born with any kind of condition. Ironically, on the other side of the coin, in discussing the series with my sister-in-law, she noted when they were going through their issues with their first pregnancy years ago, she remembers wishing it could've been something like Down syndrome, which would've meant their baby could've survived. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I'm excited to publish the final segment - as I told Mary when I sent it to her for approval, I was by far the most nervous sending her that section than any of the others as it was the most subjective. She loved it, and I'm hoping you will too!

On a side - and completely unrelated -  note I have gotten started on my 'book,' (it seems so lofty to say it since it'll definitely take time to bust this out, can we say, 'still in the infant stages!'), but I'm now deliberating over whether or not this should be a chapter book or a series of smaller books. Bum, bum, buuuummmm! Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment