Friday, November 5, 2010

Forgive my neglect

I cannot believe how remiss I've been about posting lately! I feel like a neglectful parent leaving my sad, highly unread, blog to its own devices. Shame on me! Therefore, rather than inundating you (Mary) with a million individual posts, we're simply going to treat this post as a hub page for all the Examiner articles I've written lately.

I've been busy, though certainly not as busy as some. I can tell you that I'm eagerly anticipating the article that I'll be posting tomorrow. I'm starting a new weekly series and I'm frankly ridiculously excited about it. I like having set days and things that I know what I'm going to write about. Sure, I still have to come up with the topic for that week's edition, but it just seems...I don't know what, but I feel more relaxed about writing such pieces. I'll do my best to actually come back tomorrow to unveil this brilliant idea of mine. (If only you could literally make written words drip with sarcasm...How awesome would that be?)

I'm going to go a bit off topic for a minute and talk about a book I just finished. It was a Jodi Picoult, House Rules and per the usual, it was outstanding - not my absolute favorite, but still she never disappoints. It's funny, I've come to expect twists in her books that initially leave me bewildered and dying to know why on earth she would do such a thing. Eventually, though, I get a little space from the book and I can acknowledge her complete and utter brilliance. Seriously. If you've not read her work, you really ought to. This book, however, I spent the bulk of it trying to figure out what twist she was going to put on it (just once, I wanted to be able to say I wasn't completely shocked), only to have it end completely on the side of immediate acceptance. That in itself was shocking, but great book. Unfortunately, the library didn't have any available that I haven't read yet, so I have to pause in my quest for a Jodi P. fix.

I told you I was going to meander off topic. So, here's what I've been up to in my neglectful absence:

So I haven't been lazily neglectful, just accidentally. I hope my faithful few are having a delightfully wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you and your quest to be a writer. I've seen many blogs partisipate in something called the 365 challenge. From what I have seen it s a photo documentation of each day for an entire year. How beautifully fun would that be! There is another blog I've been reading called Soaking up the Sunny Side of Life that I've been reading where she journals each day for a year and is forcing herself to see the positive (not in a sugary gross way) each day. So I think you should conisder a challenge like this to write and post every day for a year. I've considered but I'm on the fence....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would definitely take a major commitment, but one I think that would be beneficial. All the things I read about writing encourages you to write every day; regardless what you're writing or where you're writing it - write, write every day. Okay...let me ponder how I want to go about this - start now or wait until January? hmmm...

    ReplyDelete