Saturday, October 16, 2010

And the verdict is...

As I shared yesterday, I had an interview today to discuss becoming a freelance writer for a local magazine. I also talked about how incredible my family is; let me start there...

My parents offered to have Abby while I went on the interview and upon arriving at my parents' house, the first words out of my mom's mouth were about how beautiful and professional I looked. Given that I had waffled over what to wear to this interview over coffee, these were words I needed to hear - even if they were coming from my very biased mother. The look on my dad's face as they sent me off on words of encouragement? Pure pride. Not too shabby of a send off, but still my nerves were jangling, but then...Getting in my car I saw I had a voice mail from my sister. As I drove down the road, listening to her message, I was wrapped in her words of encouragement and love. That was just what I needed - it was the icing on my encouragement cake. Not only that, but I'm doing a better job of letting God in on these things. It's clear things go better when I don't leave Him sitting on the sidelines. After my sister's message my nerves settled and I kept hearing her words over in my head and I went into this not only feeling good, but confidant.

Get to it already, you say? Well why don't you just call me the latest freelance writer for Simply Family magazine! I am thrilled beyond all reasonable belief. I love, love, love this magazine! Truly. It's that perfect fit to where I'm at in my life right now. My first article is supposed to be in the January edition - here's to the next step!

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hooo!!! How very exciting Bec! I'll agree your family is great and a huge support system but don't forget to give yourself some credit too. Enjoy the success... roll around in it a bit and bake a cake to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mar! I am crazy super excited and am actually just about to bake some cookies. Great minds, right? ( ;

    ReplyDelete