Thursday, September 2, 2010

It was meant to be

The article I posted to my Examiner page today took a lot of work - mostly of the emotional variety. I've been working/wanting to pull this piece together for several weeks and I kept putting off the actual writing of it simply because I just couldn't handle it emotionally.

The Angel of Grief
Photo by: tkksummers via Flickr



It's only been posted for about two hours now and the responses I've gotten have been amazing. It's as if I was meant to write this article now. What's it about you might be wondering? Helping loved ones cope with miscarriages. This topic is tough. No one wants to talk about it and it's constantly swept aside as something not to be dealt with by those of us on the outside looking in. It's not out of malice or lack of caring, rather it's not knowing what to do or say. For some tips on how to conquer those worries, please check out my article.

As I mentioned above, it feels as though this was meant to be and here's why. Just in the span of me getting my source's thoughts as she wanted them shared and pulleing everything together to post it, she gets a phone call from her sister-in-law asking the very questions this article answers. Immediately after posting I received an e-mail stating how this was just what she needed. It's reaching people in just the way I hoped it would.

Thanks for stopping in. Let me know what you think.

The second piece to this article was posted today: http://www.examiner.com/early-childhood-parenting-in-billings/finding-support-following-the-loss-of-your-baby

No comments:

Post a Comment