Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dream big baby

In talking with my sister tonight she was telling me my ten-year-old nephew has been compiling a group of short stories into a book with a main character being the thread tying the whole thing together. The irony is not lost on me that my sweet, oldest nephew is diving headlong into my very same dream and running with it as a young pup. But I love it!

My sister questions her ability to be offer an unbiased opinion on his writing, but she thinks they're really good and wants me to give them a read as well. (As if I'm any more objective where he's concerned). I figure a good read is a good read, but it's true that parental love can be slightly blinding at times. We'll see. At any rate, we're going to start researching publishers and such to see where we can go with this.

The thing I love the most here is that this is not all he's working on writing-wise. It sounds like a little focus would be good, but any opportunity one has to write, regardless what it is, run with it! I cannot wait to read his work.

I love that this wonderfully special boy has always believed anything is possible. This kid is amazing. He's got this big, brilliant brain and an equally spectacular heart to accompany it. He has a laundry list of what he wants to be when he grows up (an Ornithologist, to name just one) and truly believes he can do them all. It is my hope, my prayer, my dream that he holds onto this enthusiasm and belief in himself.

I'll keep you posted on how he's doing following his own dream. There's something to be said for embracing your dreams sooner rather than later.

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment