Monday, July 26, 2010

Wish me luck!

Photo by: cliff1066 via Flickr
*Deep breath* Progress has actually been made! I've spent the better part of the evening re-formatting and getting the Kibbe series ready to send off for consideration to one of two parenting magazines. Now that that's done I've got to muddle my way through my first ever query letter. I'm thinking that should be interesting. I know me, I agonize over each word in these kinds of letters, but I'm crazy excited to get this in the mail. Hopefully by noon tomorrow I can get this sent off and settle in for what I am assured will be a long wait. (Made longer, I'm sure, by my inevitable impatience).

The next step is to continue looking for other outlets to submit writings to - new and old pieces. I've discovered an outstandingly helpful website:  http://www.freelancewriting.com/, which is where I was able to obtain the writing guidelines for the two parenting magazines I'm deliberating over.

I might be on the verge of having 'Rejection' be my middle name, but I'm so ready to dive in! Wish me luck - one baby step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment