Tuesday, July 27, 2010

If I Could Remember Forever

In an effort to mix things up a little bit I'm sprinkling some of my 'Abby' writings in with my regular blog posts. One of my favorite Abby-inspired writings. Hope you enjoy...

If I Could Remember Forever...

The way her sweet little hand fits perfectly in mine…

The feel of her all snuggled into my neck…
The beautiful lope of her 2-year-old run & the swing of her arms as she sprints from moment to moment…
The perfection of her little hands in a prayerful pose…
The perfect pouty pucker she had as in infant that would erupt moments before the cry…
The look of pure joy & excitement over new accomplishments…
The delight in spotting birds & airplanes…
Her sweet baby breath on my neck & face as she slept…
The excitement on her face when mommy says, “Who loves an Abigail?” “I do, I do!” And her participation in this-shouting right along, ecstatically flinging both arms in the air…
The way she’ll cup her hands, hold out her arms, and in her sweet, little voice, say, “see me?” to anything she finds cute…
The first realization that it’s a wonderful thing to be barefoot in the grass…
How daddy’s hand could once cover her entire back…
The way she would constantly interrupt herself from nursing to bless mommy with beautiful smiles…
The look on her face after she throws a ball, it’s indescribable, but outstanding…
How she would grunt in her sleep as an infant-thus giving mommy & daddy piece of mind…
The sound of her feet running across the kitchen…
The sound of her feet hopping through the house…
The way she looks when she walks around on her tippy toes…
How, if asked to reach for the stars, she will do so with giddy anticipation of being tickled…
Her amazing ability to ignore without wavering…
The way she will roll to her tummy in the tub & declare herself to be “swimmin’!”…
The way she’ll choose the randomest of moments to snuggle, gently trailing her fingers along my arm…
Those sweet little hands grabbing your cheeks, followed by the sweetest of kisses…
How, about 95% of the time if you tell her, “my lips are puckered for you!” you will be rewarded with a smooch…
How, “Mommy, I hold you,” means, please carry me!!…
The beautiful sound of “I love you!” from such a small body…
Walking up the stairs hand-in-hand…

No comments:

Post a Comment